We positioned Target as the go-to destination for all Holiday shopping needs among the Hispanic segment by driving deals and shopping tips headlines to increase share of voice and quality coverage. Tactics included leveraging key moments such as a Holiday look book distribution to short-lead editors, Target’s Holiday Press Preview in New York, Black Friday and creating a Hispanic-dedicated influencer moment led to executing tactics such as:
- Distributed lifestyle pitches with a variety of gifting recommendations, with the assortment curated to match different types of consumer profiles
- Coordinated in-store broadcast interviews with Spanish-speaking store directors in priority markets (Miami, New York, LA, Chicago) during Black Friday weekend as well as fielding media requests with general market outlets in Miami
- Partnered with Univision’s “¡Despierta América!” co-host Karla Martínez for a special Latinx story on Target’s corporate blog, A Bullseye View, giving media an inside-look into her holiday preparations and her family’s traditions
- Distributed the news about Target’s extended hours, deals and services to regional outlets in Hispanic-dense DMAs to generate coverage across local, national and business outlets
- Hosted media at Target’s Holiday Press Preview in New York
- Secured one-on-one appointments with top-tier national lifestyle editors in Miami for the opportunity to see the last-minute gifting assortment first-hand and select a gift for a person of their choosing, courtesy of Target
Results for the Holiday season included 535 media placements and 409MM impressions across top national, local, business and lifestyle outlets like CNN en Español, Los Angeles Times en Español, People en Español, CNET en Español, Telemundo, Miami Herald, NBC, CBS, among others.